Monday, September 17, 2007

IN MY TUMMY

Ok...I have to share this dialog Nate & I had just a few minutes ago.

I'll give you a prologue first. We had just gotten home from Wal-Mart. I was putting up the groceries, and Nate was in our bed watching Nemo (as he does every single day) getting ready for naptime. I walked in and asked what he was eating because I didn't recall giving him anything to eat. He says, "Can-deee." I asked where he got it, he says, "from my pocket." Oh yeah, I forgot I put it in his pocket when we got out of the car and told him to wait until after dinner tonight to eat the rest...he agreed. My bad for forgetting about the candy.

Ok, so here's where I just about lost it...
I ask him where all the rest of the candies (gummy lifesavers) are, he says, "In Nate's Tummy", "in my tummy, in my tummy, in my tummy, all of them are in my tummy (as he was pointing to each empty space of the wrapper)." And, then he sticks his tummy out to show me where they are.

Then, he flashes me this look:

He was so matter of fact and almost proud for telling me this. I thought he was so adorable I could have exploded with motherly excitement. How could I possibly punish him? I'm still smiling...

As I proof this blog, I realize that you just had to be there. Anyhow...I still hope you got a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home