Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Big 3 Year Old



Happy Birthday to Nate!

Per Nate, "I'm not 2, I'm 3 now" as he proudly holds up 3 fingers. His 3rd birthday was this past Sunday, and he loved every minute of it. He is such a big boy. He's the first to correct me when I say, "Baby." But, I can't believe my baby is 3 years old. I remember his birth like it was yesterday. Why do they grow so fast? Why?

We had a party at our house with about 40+ friends and family. That included twelve 3-4 year olds running around. It was so much fun! I think Nate a great time. He wanted a Cowboy theme, but Mom didn't order the supplies in time, so he was stuck with the Backyardigans. I don't think he minded all too much. However, he didn't want anyone else to eat the characters off the cake. In fact, he patiently waited while I got to the middle of the cake to cut Uniqua (the pink female character) out for him.

I think we've already experienced some of the terrible 3's. So, now...I'm thinking I just want to survive this year. I've already survived the first 15 minute public tantrum. This occurred at school when I dumped all of his "junk" out of his "work bag." My little boy is very independent, very intelligent (if I may say so), and very particular. He definitely likes things his way. For those of you who don't know, he carries his own little attache bag around and says it's his "work bag". And, don't anyone dare touch anything inside. He's very possessive and obsessive about it. Those are his "important" papers. In reality, it's junk mail, school work, scribbles, and cut up construction paper. But, it's important to my little man, so it's important to me. Anyhow, the rule for taking it to school is that it can only contain 3 pieces of business. This day he freaked out, and I just about did too. I wasn't the same the whole day. I think I know why some female animals eat their young.

With all that said, I love that little stinker more than anything! And, I'm so extremely blessed that he is my little boy.

He anticipated his birthday for at least the last month. What can I use to encourage positive behavior? First it was Christmas, then his birthday...now I have a whole year! So now what...


Nate eating candy from the pinata


Busted...Nate decided to periodically help himself. At least he stayed in the same spot.

1 Comments:

Blogger JSM said...

Could this boy look any more like his mother? Seriously Fish, he is you to a T!!!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home