Dennis the Menace Meet Nate, Or Nate Meet Dennis the Menace

Either way, they have many things in common! Yesterday was one of those days that I asked myself what I had done to deserve this "handful of a child". It all started at 05:00, which has been our wake up time for almost 2 weeks...uggghh!
Anyhow...this is a short narrative of some of our crazy events of the day:
While brushing our teeth, Nate decided that he wanted to brush the sink drain and then suck the nasty water off. Ok, I loudly tell him to stop and don't do it again. So, he jumps off his stool, cutely dances around and stops his pirouette at the toilet where he decided to brush the toilet seat and suck "the whatever" off his brush. I did just clean the toilet last week. Oh my gosh! This all occurred within 90 seconds. This is the same precious little mouth that loves to kiss me. I'm trying not to freak out about this.
An hour later, I was hanging up some laundry. Nate was playing in the bathroom...it has usually been simply playing in the sink and drinking water like a normal person. Oh no, not this day. I hear him but don't see him. I think to myself...oh, crap! I find him sticking his arm into the toiler bowl which is full of toilet paper. He crammed a whole roll of paper (not one piece is on the floor) into the toilet and was flushing it. Ok...we have low water pressure, old pipes, and an old septic tank. This can't be good! I'm sure moms out there know how to safely dismantle a major plumping disaster with a bowl full of paper.
A few hours later at Wal-Mart, we stop into McDonald's to get some fries as usual...this typically keeps the mongrel occupied while I try to get the things I need. Well, not today! Five minutes later, I'm trying to decide which paper plates to get and Nate is knocking over a display of Ziplock baggies...strategically placed at the end of the freaking aisle. Yes, hundreds of ziplocks go spilling into the main expressway. Ok, this is the day before Thanksgiving not a typical Wednesday afternoon at the Supercenter. There are tons people looking at me scurring to pick up these Ziplocks. I'm sure we gave them a good laugh, so I'm thinking this should count as my good deed for the day? Either way, I have to kick the boxes out of the freeway of carts before I get run over (while keeping an eye of Nate so he doesn't jump out of the cart). I say to the people beside me, "well, at least he has never done this before". I say that as if this is ok! Oh...did I mention that he was laughing his soggy diaper off. So, after the disaster was re-stacked, I was giggling myself. So, we hurry off to find Velveeta. Finally, we leave Wal-Mart without any other mishaps (to my knowledge). You wanna know something pretty funny...I needed Ziplock baggies. Boy, oh boy...how will I survive Nate's childhood?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home